What we are looking for:
A passionate software developer and architect with interest in distributed and scalable systems. Our product is used in environments with a number of devices ranging from a few hundred to several thousand, and our backend services are deployable on bare metal servers, virtual machines or the cloud. We need a new team member who can help us scale the system to receive, store and analyze data coming from hundreds of thousands or even millions of devices, all while being resilient to spikes in activity and unforeseen failures.
What we expect from you:
- Enjoy and take pride in your work
- Love to architect and develop scalable, distributed, and reactive systems
- Love to approach and solve technical problems
- Be comfortable working with a multidisciplinary and international team
- Proactively organize and prioritize work, take ownership of problems and solutions
What you should already know:
- Preferably 10+ years of industry experience
- Scala programming language and tools (e.g. sbt)
- Fundamentals of functional programming
- Akka framework: actors, persistence, streams, akka-http, akka-cluster
- Peculiarities, problems, and patterns of distributed systems (CQRS, Event Sourcing)
- Architecture styles for distributed systems (service based, microservices, event-driven, stream-processing, …)
- Familiarity with container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Characteristics and applicability of SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. CAP)
- Code testing tools and methodologies (e.g. TDD)
What we would like you to know:
- Familiarity with a few other programming languages and environments, such as Python, and/or Typescript
- Experience with Cassandra and Elasticsearch
- [optional] Familiarity with the Scala ecosystem to some extent (Cats, ZIO, …)
- [optional] Experience with scaling systems to cloud platforms (latency, throughput, …)
- [optional] Experience with cybersecurity
What we can offer:
- Competitive Salary, based on experience. You will be hired under an IBM contract.
- A company culture that values your free time as much as you do
- The chance to work on a tight-knit, multifaceted team in a fascinating field
- You’ll work on projects from start to finish, from concept and design phase all the way through implementation and roll out.
- You can either stay remote in EU or come work with us in Amsterdam
- Possibility to attend conferences or participate to trainings
About ReaQta, an IBM Company
ReaQta started with a mission to 10x the performance of security teams defending against next-generation threats. ReaQta is changing the game for endpoint security with its award-winning technology and user experience. Recently, ReaQta has been acquired by IBM, and we are looking to scale our Engineering Team in Europe (HQ in Amsterdam) in order to bring our software at a much larger scale and protect millions of devices worldwide.
The company continues to drive research and innovation around artificial intelligence, machine learning, and behavioral-based analysis and defense to deliver cutting-edge cybersecurity to organizations and governments worldwide. We are one of the most disruptive and fast growing companies in the rapidly expanding endpoint security market.
- 2020 Gartner Cool Vendor Award, as the only EDR for the year: Cool Vendors in Network and Endpoint Security, 2020 report.
- Cloud Architecture EDR (Highest segment) in the Forrester Now: Now Tech: Enterprise Detection And Response, Q1 2020 report.
- Enterprise Security, Endpoint Security Solutions Top 10 List 2018, 2019, 2020; the definitive list of the top 10 private endpoint security companies worldwide.
- Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation Award 2020. More info: www.reaqta.com