Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will assist with planning and executing programs into articulating IBM’s point of view and value proposition for the Security business unit and the audiences we serve, in order to grow our market share. In addition, you will analyze key problems, competitors, and differentiators grounded in data.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be respected by cross-functional peers for your ability to provide support identifying opportunities, distinctive competencies, and positioning. You will contribute in the development of messaging and marketing as a compelling storyteller, biasing analysts and customers towards IBM’s offerings. In the role of a Product Marketing Manager, you will work on all activities defined by higher-level professionals and management in the department, creating recommendations on assigned responsibilities. You will provide support and contributions to the deployment and enablement of the overall marketing plan, product messaging and positioning, and definition of the target persona and the narrative for the demand generation campaign that supports the product as well as our strategic partners.
This role works across product management, sales enablement, channel, external strategic partners and direct sales organizations to develop the go-to-market plan. As a Product Marketing Manager, you must be self-motivated, must have demonstrated excellent leadership, collaboration and business acumen, and must have a good understand of marketing as well as the B2Bindustry overall.
- Represent the voice of the customer, advocating a point of view that serves their needs and differentiates our offerings.
- Quantify and segment the market opportunity based on patterns of unmet needs, understanding how we compare versus the competition
- Understand the personas (buyer, influencer, user) of a buying cohort.
- Articulate IBM’s point of view, marrying the unmet needs of the target segment with a differentiated solution, and describe how solution attributes deliver desired outcomes.
- Activate the marketing team members to bring the point of view to life with meaningful campaigns.
- Source the prioritized stories and use cases and communicate them effectively to the business, identifying the best routes-to-market to serve those needs.
- Review offering NPS score and win-loss analysis regularly to improve offering experience.
- In this role you will showcase your ability to learn and apply product knowledge in a timely fashion
- You will use your exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to adapt messaging and content to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Exercise your solid problem solving and analytical skills, attention to detail and show your self- starting nature
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience in a Product Marketing role with strong communication skills and proven ability to manage upwards
- Experience with B2B software
- Readiness to travel 10% annually
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- 5+ years of relevant product marketing experience
- Cybersecurity experience
- Experience with Cybersecurity cloud or SaaS products
- Experience working in highly matrix organization
- Experience using Agile tools and methodologies